Monday, January 4, 2010

some days i feel like metal
like my heart is a thousand pounds heavier
like my soul weighs more than god
i take such long walks i must have circled the earth
and each step i take is one second closer to my death
i would sprint for you, but who has that time to waste?
so watch me step back
watch me walk away from you, as i do every waking moment
but when i rest, i sleepwalk back to you
my subconscious takes control of my body in a way i don't understand, but wish to
it knows something i don't, but aim to find out
so string your bow, use your valentine arrows and aim for the head, not the heart
because my brain pumps thoughts faster than the blood in my veins, and that is what keeps me alive and breathing to sprint to you
and sprint i do
faster than you can imagine
a thousand miles an hour
i swear i grow wings
and some days i feel like air

No comments:

Post a Comment